Pan Seared Tilapia with Lemon Dill Sauce

Fish is something we don't eat enough of around here. I am always funny about fish... I LOVE salmon and tuna, but I'm not huge on any other kind of fish. I do like tilapia, but I often forget that I actually like it... ha! So, Kyle will ask if we can have it and I always say no because I think I'll not like it... finally yesterday, I said yes, and man I'm glad I did! I'm blogging about this now, so that I never forget how WONDERFUL this is.... I would eat it again tonight.



Pan Seared Tilapia

Ingredients:
4 Tilapia filets
2 Tbsp Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
2 Tbsp butter

Directions:
Remove tilapia filets from packaging and pat dry. Also, look over for bones that may have been missed by the butcher. Separate the filets on a dry, clean surface and sprinkle generously with Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning.



In large saute pan, heat 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat until melted. Place 2 filets in the butter and cook 2-3 minutes.



Flip filets over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.



Remove filets from saute pan and place in a shallow glass baking dish. Pour excess butter over the top of the filets and cover with foil, place them in unheated oven to keep their warmth. Heat the additional 1 Tbsp of butter, still over medium heat, and repeat with the other 2 filets. Serve with Lemon Dill Sauce (recipe below).

Lemon Dill Sauce

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp green onion whites, finely shopped
1 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper

Directions:
Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion whites and cook, stirring, until onion is soft but not browned, about 1 min. Add the lemon zest and the lemon juice and bring mixture to a simmer. Vigorously whisk in the additional butter, 1 Tbsp at a time, making sure each pat melts before adding the next. The sauce should start to thicken. Stir in the dill and season with the salt and pepper, to taste.



We served with salad and Rica-a-Roni Rice Pilaf - SOOOOOOO YUMMY!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment