buttermilk pie

Just in time for Thanksgiving!  The best Buttermilk Pie recipe you will ever find!

Don't worry about all the eggs... or the sugar... or the butter!  Don't you know, that's what makes things amazing?  So, obviously, this will knock your socks off.  I can eat a whole pie by myself.  I don't, but I can!  Well, maybe I have before... shhhhhh!!!

I didn't get pictures during the "making" process, but the picture of the pie being sliced is all you need to run into the kitchen!

Buttermilk Pie


Ingredients:
Flour, 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar, 3 3/4 cup
Butter, 2 sticks, melted
Eggs, 6
Vanilla, 1 Tbsp
Buttermilk, 1 cup
Pre-Made Pie Crusts, 2

This is where I should tell you that you should try to make your own crust... but the truth is... I CAN NOT DO IT!  I can not, for the life of me, make a pastry!  So, I buy Pillsbury ready made crusts, the cold ones by the biscuits and cinnamon rolls.  They are fantastic and work well for this pie.

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°.

Follow the directions on the pie crust package as far as letting them sit out to soften.  Once ready, place each in their own pie dish.  This recipe will make 2 pies.

In your stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, combine flour and sugar.  Once combined, add melted butter and mix thoroughly.

Add each egg, one at a time until completely mixed.  Once all the eggs are in, add the vanilla and buttermilk.  Mix gently.

Pour half the mix into each pie crust.

Bake each pie for 1 hour, then watch for light brown crust.  Sometimes this takes more than 1 hour, so be prepared to wait a little longer.  You can bake them together.  If the edges start to look too dark, place a pie crust shield or foil to cover them.

Let them cool and then refrigerate them - this pie is best served cold or at room temperature.


Now I'm craving this!  Maybe I'll make some this week ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment