French Dip Sandwiches

I don't use my slow cooker very often.  I have a problem with the texture of things that have been slow cooked, so I usually only cook beef and pork in it, and still that's not often.  It's SO easy, and I know that... but I don't think of it often.  So, when I find something I like, that my whole family loves, and it is cooked in the slow cooker, I HAVE TO MAKE IT OFTEN!!!  So, this is the second time in a month that we've had this :)

French Dip Sandiwches




1 (3 1/2 to 4lb) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
French Sandwich Rolls

Put roast in slow cooker. Combine soy sauce, beef bouillon, pepper, rosemary, thyme & garlic powder, pour over roast. Lay bay leaf on top.  Add water to almost cover. 

Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or until tender. Remove bay leaf. Shred roast with a fork. Place shredded meat on roll and serve with au jus to dip.

One things I realized tonight - I should shred the beef at hour 5 and then place it back in the juice to finish tenderizing the last hour.

Also, I like to make a mix of horseradish and mayonnaise and spread that on my roll before laying the beef on.  And Kyle likes to melt provolone on top of his.  Just so you have some serving ideas!!

Oh and BTW's - the picture doesn't do it justice, just so you know!

 Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice article. Thanks for sharing it. keep it up. We offer Fast Food services. Best Burgers in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete